In the original Legend of Zelda , Link can end up with a total of 16 heart containers. Who doesn’t remember the satisfaction of nabbing the last heart in that second row of 8?
This workout is cardio focused, for obvious reasons. There is a different move for each heart container, corresponding to the actions necessary for obtaining each heart.
Original 3 Heart Containers
Do three of each of the following: Burpees, jumping jacks, jab-cross-hook. Repeat twice, 3X total.
Dungeon Heart Containers (8)
1. Aquamentus: Killing this dragon takes 6 hits of the wooden sword. Let’s throw at full health: 3 medicine ball throws on each arm – run after it, grab it, and bring it back to the start.
2. Dodongo: Bombs away – 2 bomb drops: sand bag sprint and drop, 2 over each shoulder. Another weight will work, just make sure it doesn’t hurt the floor!
3. Manhandla: Bombs or wooden sword will kill this one. Let’s do both. 4 bombs, 1 for each claw, and one final sword strike: 4 sand bag drops and one medicine ball downward slam.
4. Gleeok #1: Dragon with 2 heads - it takes 8 wooden sword hits/head, and you have to dodge the flying ghost heads: Run two circuits around the room with a medicine ball, stopping in each corner to slam it into the ground (2 times each for a total of 8). Repeat, running in the other direction.
5. Digdogger: You need the whistle to break him into 3 mini-digdoggers. Each mini takes 4 slashes with the white sword: 12 jump squats.
6. Gohma: Red takes 1 arrow through the eye; Blue requires 3. Let’s make it 4 arrow shots, just to be safe. 4 inverted rows, 3X.
7. Aquamentus #2: 2 hits with the magical sword, which you should now have. (Was anyone else caught off guard the first time by how easy this was for such a late-in-the-game boss fight?) 2 heavier medicine ball throws/shoulder. Run, fetch, repeat.
8. Gleeok #2: 4 heads this time, each takes 2 hits per head with the magical sword. Jab-cross-hook 4X.
Overworld Heart Containers (5)
( Source )
1. Bomb a rock: 10 medicine ball chest passes into wall
2. Stepladder: Agility ladder move of choice or 20 side to side jumps over cones
3. Raft: Fisherman’s carry – grab 2 heavy weights (plates, dumbbells, kettlebells) and walk in a circle around the room/gym. Repeat in the other direction.
4. Bomb another rock: 10 more medicine ball chest throws into wall
5. Burn a bush: Fire under your ass – high knees, 1 minute!
Congrats, Link. You’ve earned your 16 heart containers. If desired, repeat 1-2X.