The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy needs no introduction, so I’ll get right to it.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy workout
You’ll be doing a total of 42 reps per circuit. Don’t ask why you’re doing 42 reps, because we haven’t figured out the exact question yet. Don’t forget to bring your (workout) towel.
* Arthur Dent’s bulldozer intervention – Long as possible wall sit, holding weight. Stay suspended against the wall, in the same way that bricks don’t.
* Zaphod’s Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster – 10 spins (5 to each side) + 10 snowboard jumps (5 to each side). “If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”
* Trillian’s Improbability Drive operation – Aim for a 1:1 probability factor – Do 1 pushup and immediately move into a triceps pushup, blending the two into one move. X10. “Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem.”
* Marvin the Android’s planet-sized brain – 5 wall walk-ups (plank to handstand to plank, against the wall). “I ache, therefore I am.”
* Ford Prefect’s hitchhiking thumbs – Weighted squat -> overheard press, X5. “You sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? He knows where his towel is.”
* Slartibartfast’s fjord creation – 1-rep max squat, or another long-as-possible wall sit with weight. Contemplate the award you’re going to win when fjords become fashionable again.
Repeat: Use the Improbability Drive to determine how many times you repeat this 42-rep circuit. Roll a dice and repeat as many times as the number you get.
Now that you’ve worked out, go relax at a Vogon poetry slam.